This application may be used for TABLE VENDORS (including Performers, Non-Profit groups, and vendors not selling edible items) wishing to appear at Food Truck Friday. A PDF / paper application is available here and at the CVB office at 402 S. Garrison in Carthage. FOOD VENDORS AND TRUCKS have separate applications process.
I have read the rules, liability waivers, and media waivers provided below and agree to follow the rules as outlined including reporting all city and state sales taxes. I understand failure to follow the guidelines may result in denial of future opportunities at Food Truck Friday or other events in Carthage.
Please be sure and click on SUBMIT FORM below and make sure it goes to a submission response. If it does not go to a thank you for your submission page, please check to see errors at the top of the page. There are some required fields. Consider sending images to the CVB; these will be used for promotion of your business and Food Truck Friday.
Food Truck Friday Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form
Food Truck Friday in Central Park 714 S. Garrison of Carthage, MO 64836
Dates: April 12th, 2019, May 10th, 2019, June 14th, 2019, July 12th, 2019, August 9th, 2019 and September 13th, 2019.
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING AND/OR VOLUNTEERING IN THIS ACTIVITY OR EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in the activity or event, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity or event.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity or event in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity or event. In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(A) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this event, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: Carthage Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, Food Truck Friday Committee, City of Carthage, County of Jasper, their directors, officers, employees, members, volunteers, sponsors, representatives, and agents, the activity or event holders, activity or event sponsors, activity or event volunteers;
(B) I INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity or event, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that the Carthage CVB, City of Carthage, Jasper County, and their directors, officers, volunteers, sponsors, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of the Food Truck Friday Committee. I acknowledge that this activity or event may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and may carry with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the event, and lack of hydration. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity or event.
I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
The accident waiver and release of liability shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
2019 Food Truck Friday
VENDOR BOOTH GUIDELINES & REGULATIONS
- Booth space is NOT guaranteed for returning vendors. In categories that limit the number of similar vendors allowed, ALL registrations will be accepted on a juried basis and spaces reserved accordingly. All vendors must have a business license issued by the City of Carthage.
- Any vendor seeking a booth at this event must submit the included application together with all of the following:
- Signed “2019 Vendor (or Table Vendor) Application”
- Signed “Food Truck Friday Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form”.
- Photographs (or links websites or social media containing photos) to examples of every type of item to be sold in the vendor’s booth. All items must be clearly visible and recognizable in the photographs. Any item type not clearly represented in the application photo(s) may be excluded or rejected from the event by the Committee at any time, without question. Photographs will not be returned. Returning vendors and those who have worked with the CVB or Food Truck Friday in the past may be exempt.
- A copy of a current license to do business in Carthage, Missouri.
- Payment in full
- Home canned or jarred items are not permitted, due to Jasper County Health Department regulations.
- All vendors should plan to have their booth open and staffed from 12:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. on scheduled date as indicated on application and assigned by event committee. Prior arrangements must be made for alternate hours.
- VENDORS MUST CHARGE AND PAY SALES TAX. Each vendor must track and report sales tax. Contact the Missouri Department of Revenue for details: http://dor.mo.gov/faq/business/special.php
- All vendors must participate in the jury process to be considered for a booth space at this event. The Committee will appoint the jury and any decision of the jury is final.
- If you use a tent, it must be free standing and fit within your booth space and may not use ground poles. Some booth spaces may have light poles or other permanent structures. We cannot and will not rearrange booth assignments because your tent doesn’t fit into the designated space.
- Electricity is NOT guaranteed for booths. Requests for electricity must be noted on the application. Efforts will be made to accommodate special requests, but food vendors will be given priority access to electricity.
- Water will NOT be provided by event committee, City of Carthage, or area retailers. Vendors should plan to provide their own water.
- Family friendly table vendors will be allowed as space allows; however, table vendors that fail to attend to event and fail to cancel event reservations within 72 hours notice may be prohibited from attending future events.
- Table vendors may also be prohibited from attending events based on public complaints or excessive litter.
- Each vendor is responsible for moving trash to the dumpster at the end of the night.
If you have any further questions prior to arrival at the event, please contact the Carthage Convention & Visitor’s Bureau at 417-359-8181 or by email at email@example.com
Please remember that your registration can not be accepted until we have received your completed, signed forms, payment, AND all required documentation.